Saturday, August 30, 2008

C is for . . .

C is for CHILDREN. I absolutely adore little children between the ages of two and five, and the darling little things they do and say. If I had a dollar for every funny thing my kids ever said back in the day, I would be rich. Of course, I cannot recall them all now, and I very much regret not writing them down. One instance in particular that I love, is something Skyler said when he was getting his first haircut. I think he was about three years old at the time. The gal who was cutting his hair was trying to make idle conversation with him, asking him random questions. She asked him where he lived . . .and he said "In that brown house by that one tree". I think he actually thought she would know exactly where he lived by his description. She thought it was so cute, and I could tell she wanted to laugh . . . but she kept a fairly straight face and said "Oh yeah, I know where that is".

Also, my nephew Zack and my niece Jessica were constantly entertaining me with their hilarious spin on words. They called a sandwich, a swamich. A magazine, a mazagine. And the day that Jess finally could say BaRbRa instead of Bawbwa will go down in infamy. I think I hugged the stuffing out of her I was so proud!

You won't want to miss these particularly great kid videos on www.youtube.com. They'll brighten any downer of a day, trust me on this. First, watch ""Blood". You'll die laughing. Second, the little asian girl who sings "The Lord's Prayer". Third, the toddler who pretends to play the guitar, and sings "Hey Jude". Fourth, "Isabella Natalini Sings Ellen the 50 States". And finally, "Janna and Hannah Sing "I See You, Lord" for Lola Pinay". Two little Philippino angels singing for their Grandmother's funeral. They can even harmonize with each other . . amazing! Oh . . and I almost forgot . . .watch a little video of my grandaughter Izzy getting WAY excited about a bouncing penguin on Travis and Jenna's blogspot. (www.tjandersonfamily.blogspot.com). Scroll down until you find the video clip where she is wearing the red shirt. I think she discovered her voice, and could not stop screaming. The more she hears her voice, the more she screams with delight! Such precious little gifts from God.

C is also for CREATIVITY. I am told I have alot of it, but I would not admit to it because I am very hard on myself. I am not perfect in the things that I do, but I do try think outside the box to make the things I create, special. I am a micromanager, and I drive people crazy with my vision, but in the end I get things done. Whether it be writing a script for a play, putting together a musical program, remodeling a bedroom, or making a simple card or gift for someone . . .I try to make it memorable. It goes right in line with Good, Better, Best . . .the talk given by Dallin H. Oaks. Just go the extra mile in whatever you do. CARPE DIEM!

No comments: